My wife dearly loves venison valuing it above just about all other meats. A friend invited me to his deer lease to shoot a doe so off I went. I suffered an epic journey of 28 miles, including 14 miles into the wilderness from that jumping off point of civilization, Copperas Cove. Braving the elements I saw two bucks, 22 widgeon, a coon, plus uncountable birds and squirrels. Finally surrendering my quest to dark and the polar 66 degree weather my ride picked me up for the return to the primitive cabin. There we existed on survival rations of venison chili and venison/jalapeno sausage.

After surviving all that I crashed onto a Army cot only to be awakened at that newly discovered hour of 4:50 AM, ate emergency rations of a breakfast bar and dried fruit before getting back in the stand at 5:30. This morning I saw 2 more bucks,two does and two fawns. At about 7:00 the largest doe and the one without fawns fed out into the open and with careful placement I shot her. After sitting for thirty minutes I moved forward and found blood. From that point showing all the skill of a Native American I tracked her close to 100 feet through a dense and impenetrable jungle of cedar thicket. Cleaning her I carefully saved all my wives favorite morsels, the heart, liver, kidneys and tongue. After getting her back to the cabin my host fortified my malnourished body with eggs, salsa, cholula sauce and venison breakfast sausage. Then I set out on the monumental adventure home.

Arriving home and presenting my wife with the carefully transported morsel I had save I was rewarded by a light peck on the lips. After telling her all my struggles I asked her if she would mind skinning the deer, cutting it into quarters and getting them into the ice chest. Did see give me a loving look and says certainly honey? No! Did she call me filthy and vile names. Not anthing nearly that nice. Did she scream, yell and demonstarte great anger. Nothing so kind.

What did the object of my affections and love of my life do? She cruelly and unmercifully laughed, and laughed and laughed. laugh