I run a Badlands 2200. It has a gunsling for the pack outs if wanted. Meat sling, bladder pouch, spotter pouch, tripod holder, ect.... By far the feature I like most is the back zippered panel. I use it several times each day getting into the pack.

I use a scabbard of my own making (about 10 oz.) but before that used a Nimrod scabbard (a bit over a pound).

I use it on overnight spike camp excursions and day trips. It will do 45# comfy, and has done 80# several times on the way out and survived. Much over 45 and the aluminum stays flex too much to support the load. It basicaly turns into a frameless pack at that point.

I've come out with 1/2 a boned muley, day gear, maybe 5 miles (2x), 2 fronts and a hind quarter bone in off mule deer, day gear, maybe 1.5 miles (2x), Boned out sitka, overnight gear maybe 7 miles (1x). 1 hind quarter bone in, head and cape, day gear, maybe 2 miles (1x). Lots of lighter stuff also. Its not comfy with a 60+ pound load, but it gets it done.

I've yet to see a tested better option, but my buddies Kuiu pack looks promising and its much lighter. Will let him punish it a bit more before I decide on that one.

Rick