Well most of the appeal and fascination with that period of time was really about how the German Army could take a huge pounding and in short order go on the offensive. For the most part they were well lead, but poorly served by the political leadership of the time. And many in side of German undermined that leader from the very start. Some here said the German Navy was not to successful at sea, I beg to differ. The Submarine force dam near won it, they for a time turned the Gulf of Mexico into a German Lake. It was so bad that 100 % of the Steel Production in 1942 went into building a pipe line for oil from the gulf of mexico to North East. Those Submariners called it "The Happy Time". We were loosing ships are a rate we could not sustain. Things like Radar turned the tide but with heavy losses. The Germans in Sept 1. 1939 has just 24 subs at sea. The Nazis were a horror by any way you wish to look at it, and so was the Soviet Union, they were worst by any measure you want to look at that too. But as the proverb goes, "The enemy of my Enemy, is my Friend" the only people in world war two to get it from both were the Poles. The Soviets planted the seeds for there own downfall, in places like Katyn Forrest.

Last edited by gmsemel; 12/10/11.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov