I had a couple of post 64 model 70s. They both shot well but the earlier version had a flaw. The thin bolt guide could get bent if the bolt was removed and replaced at a slight angle. I sold that one. I still have a newer one that became my 300 RUM.

Going to the other topic...That thunderbolt engine was awesome. My brother got his hands on the 63 Ford Galaxie coup 427 with dual quads from the factory. It was rated at 425 HP which was nonsense. It was over 500. I believe it was made for nascar racing. They had to make so many for the street to be able to compete. I had just gotten my licence and he taught me how to use a clutch. I can remember sitting at a stop sign waiting for traffic. My clutch leg began to tremble trying to keep the petal depressed. He says put it in neutral and rest your leg. I was in track and in pretty good shape but that racing clutch got the best of me. FYI it was impossible to stall it. You could have your foot slip off the clutch petal and just lay a patch and go. Ah the memories...