Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Sorry, but pressure for pressure with barrels of identical length, the .257 Roberts can�t keep up. While the .25-06 can be downloaded to .257 Roberts velocities, the .25-06 easily wins the velocity race due to its extra 8.5g case capacity. That extra velocity potential can give the .25-06 a 100 yard or more advantage over the .257 Roberts.

To claim otherwise is equivalent to stating that 1=2. Whether or not that advantage is important is a personal judgment that has no bearing on the actual capabilities of the two cartridges.
Uh, sorry, but their capabilities are identical, there is no "100 yard or more advantage," that's some theoretical horseshit you made up. I don't need to dig through ballistics tables to know that, much as an armchair dude hunter like you does.

Maybe checking manufacturer provided, pressure tested ballistic tables would relieve you of your delusions.

Maybe 1=2 in your world but not mine.

�brickhead� seems to be a good handle for you. A song by Jethro Tull comes to mind�

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.