I've owned lots of Sako's. The best ones are the old ones, hands down. I owned a 75 in stainless synthetic 25/06. Had to file off the pressure point on the front of the plastic stock to get it to shoot, but when I figured that out, it shot great. It was a bit heavy but I loved it. Bought an 85 s/s in a 338 Federal and the cartridge was...wow! Hated the cheap stock. Did I mention I HATED the cheap stock? So did my buddies. It was embarrassing to have your buddies look at your Sako and go, "Uh, nice rifle." when you know they hate the stock. Shot 185 Barnes X bullets great first season and the caliber killed GREAT. Second season accuracy went to 2 1/2" and could not figure it out, drove me nuts trying to clean and tweek it to shoot. Leupold scope, copper cleaned, blah blah blah. I paid just $750 for the 85 Finnlite NEW, and it still wasn't worth it, to me. Sold that pig. Berreta didn't do Sako any favors. Still shoot a Sako Vixen rechambered to 221 Fireball, and had a Sako 22-250 for decades and both are epic rifles. Sako's coasting on their reputation right now, in my strong opinion.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/10/12.

LOL