Matt,

I shoot a lot of 22.250...although I have a bad reputation for being old school, and none conventional in today's trendy circles, I can share with ya some stuff to contemplate while you are over there fixing trucks or kicking back...

I've got multiple ones, from long barrels ( 28 inches) to one with a 1 in 7 twist for shooting 75 to 90 grain match bullets...

right now I am playing with several of those 35 grain lead free bullets, both Noslers and Hornadys....I can report the Hornady is surprisingly the more accurate of the two...I haven't chronographed them yet, but I know I am running at faster than that 4250 to 4300 fps range....

of course I also slow them down to 22 Mag speeds at times if that is all I need out of it, which also saves on barrel wear..

the powders I use, most 'experts' of the current tabs will tell you is too fast for use in the 22.250.. but it is accurate as heck and gives up little with bullets under 60 grains to other powders, and will definitely BEAT max velocity with the real light 30 to 40 grain bullets...

in the long run, the nice thing is, a 22.250 can be a pretty flexible and not very picky cartridge to play with...

for blacktail, a 63 grain Sierra SMP at 3500 fps MV or a 70 grain Speer SMP at 3350 fps out of a 22.250 can definitely pull the rug out from under the feet of any sized one that ever walked...and that is do'able with a barrel with a one in 12 or 14 twist...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez