I've had one for about five years. It's on an MRC 1999 action with a stainless Lilja 1 in 8.5" twist 25 inch barrel. I had Lone Wolf stock it with their Summit stock and have a 4.5-14 Leupold LPS with a custom shop Varmint Hunter's reticle added. With my current load and a 200 yard zero, the VH reticle matches very closely out to 600 yards.

When I first got it, my goal was to be able to launch 130 TSX's at Mach IV. After a lot of playing around with it, I've settled on 130 grain Accubonds over 63.5 grains of Retumbo with a 210 primer at 3100 fps.

The difference in case capacity between the 6.5 WSM on the 270 WSM case and the .264 Win Mag is really minor. I would certainly not exceed the maximum .264 Win Mag loads for a given bullet/powder combination in the 6.5 WSM. The minimums are a good place to start.

Like all 6.5's, it's a good killer, especially at long range for deer-sized animals.

If I were to start the build again, I would have just gone with the .270 WSM. The difference between the two cartridges is negligible, and the 270 has the advantage of not needing to be neck turned.

Pete