Ok all, lately I've read of more than a couple people toting an 06 loaded with 200's running @ 2700 fps. (comes up a lot when the 06 vs 338/06 debate comes up)

To date, in 21"-22" barrels I've not gotten to 2700 and have kind of alway thought that 2700 was a better speed for the 180's. I've gotten 180's to 2800 out of the 22" barrels but man I thought it was a Hot load.

And to date I've not reached close to 2700 (upper 25's to low 26's being the norm and what to date I've thought of top end) with the 200's out of what I would call standard length tubes for an 06.

So, here's my Q. Who alls had 06's that would do 2700, with standard barrel lengths. And....and with good primer pocket life? wink

Now if you've had a load clock it, but haven't shot that load in the same case repeatedly to see how long the primer pocket will stay tight please either don't comment and or comment with the caveat that you've not shot it enough to know what the honest case life will be like.

I picked up a box of 200's yesterday to do some more testing so am looking for particular powders and charges. And if you would, please state your actual powder charge as well.

Many thx for your time.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy