When I went in for yesterday's oil change, I finally got their attention by telling them the "low engine oil" warning message was displayed. [I checked it immediately after it popped up, & found there was still oil on the stick, but it was below the last marker. Since it was only 2 days 'til the scheduled oil change, I let it ride.] They said that since it had used 1 qt. in the last 1,660 miles, they were finally going to do something about it. [sarcasm]Mighty big of them, I thought. [/sarcasm]

Anyway, they're going to take it for a week, & give me a loaner. They said it will get pistons & rings, & possibly even heads and/or valves. Methinks 'twould be cheaper for them to just replace the engine.

No, I'm not at all happy that a truck with < 72K miles needs this kind of work, nor am I happy that they dragged their feet this long to agree to do it. But I do take some small measure of comfort that they're going to rebuild an engine 5 years after the in-service date, especially given that I bought the thing used.

Since it looks like I'll be spending my would-be truck money on lawyers this year, I'm hoping their latest "fix" actually is one, and gets me through for a few years.

I'll post an update after they're done adulterating my power plant.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC