Another option is to contact someone on campfire that lives in the same town. Someone you have confidence in, like 99% of the members. Send them the check and ask them to present the check at the same bank the check is drawn upon for cash. You will lose your $12, but if there is sufficient money in the account, you will get the amount of the check. If there is not enough money, then the person can hold it for another time. You can only send a check thru twice, but if you make sure the money is there, no problem. I have had to use this method sometimes with a bad renter. You can even call the bank (daily) to see if there is money before you go. They will not tell you how much money is there, but they will confirm the there is enough money to cover the amount of the check. The only weakness here is that the bank may charge the bank account in the time between your call and arriving at the bank an amount that brings the account lower than the amount of the check. I have even had clerks tell me that there is not enough money in the account today but be sure and check back tomorrow, which means for you to be at the door when the bank opens. I hate doing it this way. It does surprise the person writing the bad check! Let us know what happens.

Last edited by JustLucky; 02/17/12. Reason: grammar

2 b 1 ask 1 !