OK Friends,

This is really hard for me. I know that without a doubt one is my 6.5" Model 29-2. It was my first Model 29. Life was pretty simple at the time I got it. I never had an issue of which revolver to grab. I had sold my 5.5" SBH and the new (to me) Model 29 was my only centerfire magnum revolver.

I would just grab it and my only big game rifle (a .270) and my bedroll and go hunt. It has logged one hell of a lot of miles on my hip, up and down many, many mountains. It has been right next to my head at night as I slept on the back of my flatbed pickup or under on the ground. It was my do it all outdoorsman revolver for a long time:

[Linked Image]

Here is where it gets tougher.

I have a 5" 29 Classic that I have spent a lot of time with in the field. Since getting it, the 6.5" 29-2 went into semi retirement. The 5" barrel is just so damn practical. Heck the 5" N frames are NIRVANA to me!

This gun has slayed literally hundreds and hundreds of critters too. It is also featured (along with a couple other .44s I own)in a book on .44s by a gunwriter for American Handgunner and Guns.:

[Linked Image]

The problem lies in that I had a 5" 29-2 built by SDM Fabricating w/o the full underlug profile of the "Classic" and I feel like I am cheating on a faithful wife when I shoot it instead of my Classic.

Here is the temptress:
[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com