Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by navyman20
looking at getting one of these or the dpms praire panther in camo for a coyote, hog,fun, defense gun...want to be able to do some decent range plinking, and plan to put a bushnell elite tactical 5-15 scope on it with the burris pepr mount..but the actual gun is where im on the fence..looked at rra, but they are a lil out of the price i wanna pay...and around here ive seen lots of r15's in the 6-800$ range..so how are they in terms of accuracy and reliability? i plan to change out the buttshock, grip, and other minor things along the road to suit my needs, but the gun itself i want to be accurate and dependable..any reviews are appreciated! and if you got pics of yours set up for varmint hunting post some pics up so i can get a better idea of the finished product..thanks fellas
Brian

I've had/have everything thus far mentioned and lots that ain't. My R-15's trigger is easily the best feeling OEM Gas Gun trigger I've ever yanked,though my pard's was about threefold the pull weight of mine and laden with copious creep. Have never had a "bad" Bushy,nor ever seen one that wouldn't hang tidy Agg's reliably.

My R-15 beef is the lack of a C/L spout,but admittedly I'm far harder on schit than most and prolly see a little weather on the average day. A 9" suits me,though I've 7's,8's,9's and 14" twist Gassers. COAL is the bane,regarding boolit selection,not twist and a 9" will happily launch everything that has bearing surface above the case mouth in a MilSpec-ish mag.

The PEPR ain't horrid,though the Bushnell is dog schit. My latest RRA upper is fine,but I prefer a gas block that is 1pc,as opposed to any of them that are clamped and trust taper pins far more than threaded fasteners.

30mm PEPR on a DPMS 243Win.

[Linked Image]

Some R-15 victims,in both fixed(22") and collapsible(18") versions.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If you are going to tinker,the S&W is tough to argue against. The bores are nice,triggers not too shabby and they run reliably. Forward assist means dick to me,but a dust cover is nice,for keeping weather and vegetation outta nether regions.

S&W and a RRA upper(LW C/L spout).

[Linked Image]

Gassers are like Legos and easy to meld to tastes. The R-15 is the route I'd go,lonngggggggggg before the Panther.

thanks for your insight...i do agree with your views on the diff guns..but the scope is where i guess we'll agree to disagree..sure there is better and more pricey options out there, but i have a buddy with an elite tactical 6-24 and the glass was real clear and i liked the features of it..i just dont want that much scope for my gun lol..but i do agree that forward assist on an ar really is a moot point 99.9999% of the time, if you rack it back like a man itll never be used(ive put thousands and thousands of rounds thru military m4/16s and never used the forward assist once)...but it def looks like your r15 can kill some stuff! and i do like your dmps 243 as well

CM2(scw) USN Seabees