Originally Posted by navyman20
looking at getting one of these or the dpms praire panther in camo for a coyote, hog,fun, defense gun...want to be able to do some decent range plinking, and plan to put a bushnell elite tactical 5-15 scope on it with the burris pepr mount..but the actual gun is where im on the fence..looked at rra, but they are a lil out of the price i wanna pay...and around here ive seen lots of r15's in the 6-800$ range..so how are they in terms of accuracy and reliability? i plan to change out the buttshock, grip, and other minor things along the road to suit my needs, but the gun itself i want to be accurate and dependable..any reviews are appreciated! and if you got pics of yours set up for varmint hunting post some pics up so i can get a better idea of the finished product..thanks fellas
Brian

I cannot say I would ever buy a DPMS, a remington R15, or another bushmaster (fool me once). I also have had a RRA, it was an OK rifle, carrier key was not staked from the factory in mine, and (M4 pattern) was not overly accurate, it went bang every time however. In barrels that say 5.56 chamber you can add a few more grains of powder due to longer throat and they are rated to 60K CUP vs 50 for the .223, look at Barnes bullets website they list separate loads for .223 and 5.56. I would understand what chamber they are talking about before you buy it, for instance WOA uses a wylde chamber which is supposed to be able to shoot both 5.56 and .223. If its a .223 only chamber I would not know if I could shoot milsurp ammo in it. I guess a 1-8 is fine, my barrels are all 1-7 now, it just turned out that way as they are also all 5.56 chambers.