One of the best balance beam scales available and the one I use is the RCBS 1010 model.

My experience with the cheaper digitals was not good. Sometimes the readings wouldn`t settle down. When testing the same powder trays, the same weights would vary in readings. Had to re-set often. More waste of reloading time. Sensitive to a close by computer, and just too darn sensitive or finnicky all the way around.

Using my RCBS 1010 balance beam scale along with my powder trickler (after the powder is dispensed onto the tray), "assures" uniform powder charges every time. If my powder charge for example "is" 66.5 grains, then 66.5 gr of powder goes in every case; not 66.4 gr and not 66.6 gr.

Even though the process is slower, I have much more reliance with the powder charge readings I actually see on a balance beam scale rather than with any digital scale.

And most who use a digital scale, probably on every 10th charge or so, test their digital readings for accuracy on a good balance beam scale anyway.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger