A decent balance scale is more precise and more resistant to environmental error than most common digital scales.

Digital scales give a convincing illusion of being more precise, but are not. The Effective Resolution of my Hornady balance is better than the Lyman digital scale that I tested. If you think about it, a digital scale renders everything from 25.501 grains to 25.649 grains as 25.6 grains.

Digital scales are less likely to be misinterpreted and are usually faster. A balance scale invites errors like getting 14.0 grains of powder instead of 10.4 grains (switching the tenths and the grain readings).

Balance scales are relatively immune to temperature issues. Common digital scales are not. Common digital scales are often susceptible to power line conducted electrical interference.

All of that may not address the real question: What is the best way to get consistent powder loads? My powder measure is as consistent as my scale with short cut stick powder, and is more consistent than my scale with ball powder.

Be not weary in well doing.