Your earlier bio-babble:
"One thing to bear in mind, is that you can't hold a sub-population at total carry capacity in a northern ecosystem. Another thing to keep in mind, is the productivity of a sub-population based on its composition and, the subsequent behavioral characteristics of a specie based on composition of cohorts within the population. What that all means is, that in a northern ecosystem it's better to manage below carry capacity and to distribute a healthy equilibrium among cohorts in order to have healthy productivity."

As I stated in my post the carrying capacity is determined based on an average winter. Total carrying capacity can be based on a number of factors and can be much higher than average winter numbers. But the bigger question is what does that have to do with the Mat-Su currently? The moose population is no where close to carrying capacity no matter how you calculate it.

As to cohorts and behavioral considerations... Seriously? This is the same outfit that thinks 14A should remain full curl only despite the behavioral evidence to the contrary. Three and four year old rams would not be stressing if there were enough big old rams to keep them in check. Lots of guys were happy to kill 3/4 curl for years before that brainchild came along. And it was known what would happen and it was to be an "experiment" with a sunset clause.

But back to moose... I clearly stated that if the bull:cow ratio is too low you reduce the killing of bulls until you have enough to work with...

When a predator pit is not the issue killing cows to equalize the fact you killed too many bulls is backwards. Killing cows to maintain a healthy population is obviously a great plan... hammering the cows because you bow to public pressure and kill too many bulls is stupid, but par.

Now, when bio-babble does not address the issues extant it simply shows the intent to hide behind language because the facts are not running your way. The language is nowhere near adequate to cover the bullshit.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.