Seeing this thread the other day brought a flood of memories. It encouraged me to finally dig out some old prints. First deer and haven't topped it yet, Oct 1980. Here in all my smugness, a three generation affair. Dad pointed him out, gramps drug him out, I just plugged him the cheek with my peep-sighted 22-250 Rem 700 BDL Custom Deluxe. That young buck was half up out of his bed at about 100 feet and did a full 180 airborne upon the hit. Gramps has passed to the happy hunting grounds, haven't seen his fine Mod 71 in years, the old man(this space left blank), I sold that 22-250, my first centerfire, when I was 18 or 19 for party money, but still have plenty of fond memories of those times and that rack is right here on the wall looking perfect as day one thanks to Weibel Sr. There were a lot, and I mean a lot, of deer across central and SE Oregon back in those days. Folks ran the cats and bears with dogs, cattle were everywhere, coyotes lived in perpetual fear, and wolves were gone 50 years, imagine that...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?