I live in Central WA. I also grew up in Idaho and lived for a long time in N. Idaho. I hunt and fish in both states, but that is because I have a lifetime license for Idaho and own land there. My family and friends still live there as well.

Spokane is my favorite urban area with Boise a close second. I love plenty of cities in MT, WY, UT, NV, OR, etc. But, none of them have the combination of access, wildlife, growing seasons, and urban amenities that those cities offer.

This thread shouldn't be a pissing match about whether people from WA ever go to ID for outdoor recreation. What a waste of bandwidth.

Spokane has great access to Whitetail, Elk, and Bear hunting. Upland hunting is at the doorstep. There are turkey, pheasant, chukar, quail, huns, all the waterfowl, and all the forest grouse. It exists on the hairy edge between the inland temperate rainforest, the phenomenal geology of the channeled scablands, and the overwhelming depth of the Snake river gorge.

There is the Pacific a half day to the West, Montana the other way, BC to the North, and the indomitable country of the Salmon/Snake to the South that is almost incomprensible. It lays at the terminus of the Purcell trench with all of the inland lakes and staggering volume of water that is the Kootenai, Flathead, Clark Fork, Coeur d'Alene, and Snake rivers.

If you have a chance to move to Spokane, grab it with both hands.

Here are some photos of the Snake River country, see any public land here?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]