First i did'nt want to post these pictures but after all, why not!

The season for me is over till 1st of june and roe deer buck hunting opening. Pictures were taken the 29 of february, last day of general and mouflon hunting season. My friend has a tag for female so went hunting with daughter who was in school holidays.

We walk and stalk all morning not able to found young female we were looking for (better meat). In the afternoon to be sure the zero of her K1 6,5x57R was right, i shot a big fox off hand at more than 100m and killed it. Then after, walking a bit, we made a stalk on a bunch of mouflons, finding the good one. Alice and me ended crawling on knees and hands (they had seen us), using bushes as concealment. She took the shot at 70m lying on my right shoulder, the female looking at us at an angle. The handloaded hot roaded 8,2g KS did the job killing her on the spot. Day was beautiful, warm, with fantastic blue sky, as in springtime, after 3 weeks of cold to -17�C, never climbing above minus 5�C.

Atfer that shot the season was over, i (we) were in very good mood. Ready for another one!

Taken from the Caroux, far away in the distance what's look like clouds are the white summits of the Pyren�es mountains, border between France and Spain.
[Linked Image]

Not too high an hill, the place we hunt climbs to 1100m, around 4000feet. But it's always up and down and tiring.

[Linked Image]

After the shot, Alice (17) and her little Merkel K1 stutzen in 6,5x57R. Light to carry, powerful enough, accurate the little rifle and it's cartridge are easy to deal with. She like the very soft recoil of this ammo.

[Linked Image]

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)