Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
Originally Posted by rattler
... if your even remotely interested in it its a price that even if yah got hurt on selling it down the road it would be a minor hurt.....the cool factor would prolly more than make up for that.....

Well, that's probably a GOOD way of looking at it... smile After all, if one wants a certain hobby car, badly enough to buy it, then one does, regardless of the resale... (Or any other hobby item for that matter...) Thus: Why should one only purchase a gun if one thinks he can make money on it down the road..? AFAIC, the pleasure factor of the use and/or ownership of it HAS to be worth SOMETHING ...

GH

+1 My sentiments exactly.

Yup!

My wife wouldn't know an Ackley from a Hoover.....
My point being that it's an item that only other gun nuts would notice or admire.

I was offerd one of the Ackleys back in the 70's for around $250 IIRC. It too was a Interarms action and could be had in either 06 or .270.
They're a fine rifle, but not exactly custom. I don't know what activity Ackley had in their production, but they are well worth owning and yours is fairly priced, I feel.
Had the rifle been chambered for something sexy like the 7mmai or such, I probably would have had to own it.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....