Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
I've only been to Alaska once. It was to help a buddy work a gold claim. I asked around about grizzly bears. I talked to one guide about it. he told me if I wasn't hunting, but just wanted to stop them if they charged to bring something big.

So, I brought a .458 mag loaded with 500gr bullets. I never had to use it, but I was ready.

OK , yes finally a civil reply...some earlier ones on the 1st page as well, before Cocadori & Toad and a few other egotistical idiots hijacked my thread.

And WHY my OP has recieved so much "Flame & heat"...is beyond me?
I am a seasoned hunter...just like many here.
I admit, without "shame" (??? why would it be???) ...that I never have been charged by a grizz , brown or bear of any type...but SO WHAT !
I merely wanted feedback on this "idea" or "accounts" of guys WAITING & HESITATING to "see" if it is a "BLUFF" charge...seemed to me foolish and contradictory to ALL that is described by those WHO have been charged/ mauled / or STOPPED a charge...namely, it happens FAST, you are lucky just to get off ONE round...and time & placement is of the essence...so WAIT to SEE...
NUTS!!!

However, over & over, I heard form those who said bear was charging but turned out to be a "bluff"...uh, I would NOT wait, or give that bear a chance...I am going to give it my BEST and put it down if possible...NOT "hesitate"...no giving a apex predator of any kind a chance to back off or abort...who cares if it dies needlessly because it would have stopped the LASt 10,20,30 feet of a charge...MY LIFE and YOURS is worth a hell of a lot more than wildlife conservation...SO...WHAT, whats some of you dumbshights (Cocadori & Toad. Rancho Loco, Muledeer and the rest)... problem?
Not had this trouble on any other forum?
Lot of rabid, rancid EGO here?
BIG BAD Buwanas so FULL of themselves, and the "notches" on their belts.
Bullys & Punks.
Pure PUKE.