I should mention that the other offering from Zastava that gets overlooked for their bigger mauser actions is their rimfires, which are somewhat confusingly called CZ99. The Zastava rimfires are excellent little rifles and probably one of the great sleepers out there on the firearms market. Triggers aren't great, but otherwise an excellent little rimfire.

Reading back thru the thread, i think you could get a somewhat biased opinion of the accuracy of the Zastava mausers. They are certainly capable of fine accuracy, but most will require a little work to get them to reliable sub-MOA levels of accuracy. You wouldn't buy one if accuracy was your primary concern, but they can certainly be made to shoot very accurately with a minimum of fuss - as can just about well-made rifle. But if you were going to have an out-of-the-box accuracy competition, i am quite confident Zastava wouldn't win any prizes. At the same time, i have also seem extremely accurate and competitive benchrest rifles built on Zastava actions.

Last edited by dhg; 04/23/12.

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums