A couple years ago I saw a extensive "table" that had photos of a variety of bullets shot into test media at various impact velocities (100 fps intervals for each bullet brand/model - e.g., Speer Hot Cor). I think I saw that table here at the Campfire, and I hope someone will post it again. At any rate, the typical cup-and-core bullets appeared to have a minimum impact velocity (for consistent expansion) of around 1900 to 2000 fps for the test media that was used for the project (some looked like they had decent expansion at 1900 but not at 1800 and some looked like they had decent expansion at 2000 but not at 1900 - depended on brand and product line within the brand). For example, I'm remembering at least one of the Speer bullets looked like 2000 fps was the minimum and at least one of the Hornady bullets looked like 1900 fps was the minimum. However, within the Speer line, the Hot Cor and Mag Tip (which Speer would probably call a premium) might have different minimum velocities, and within the Hornady line the SST might have a different minimum velocity from a comparable BTSP (I don't recall all of the details from the table).