Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Partitions are expensive grin

Their forte is they expand at distance,yet still penetrate well at higher velocity; the point of my post.And they work exceptionally well without concerns about starting them at predetrmined velocities....they work as well from magnum cartridges as from standard cases.

For deer you don't need them.....maybe not for elk either, although they will generally penetrate deeper for you than a standard C&C of the same weight and velocity.So much with the C&C depends on impact speed, jacket thickness and design,hardness of core,etc.Only reason I tout a Partition is because mostly it eliminates all those considerations at "normal" game ranges....about 500-600 yards and as far as I have seen them used.

You can set up a rifle so the NPT impacts with your cheaper bullet,so you use fewer of them (just to check zero and hunt).Obviously they aren't the only thing that will put game on the ground, but they are one of a handful of bullets you can rely on to penetrate deeply.

Personally I worry a whole lot more about bullet performance up close than way out there.

In that regard, they cost sonewhat more,but they aren't really expensive...worth it to some, but not to everybody smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.