After some further discussions with people familiar with this rifle this might have been misidentified. I was recently told that this is most likely a Sporting Model due to the fact of the cartridge designation and the heavier weight barrel. Still a great rifle. I tried to actually get a documented letter pertaining to this gun but the serial number research showed no records were available. From my understanding about 1 out of every 3 can be documented due to incomplete records. I would like to have updated this info in the original post but I am unable to do this at this point. I also had this gun inspected by someone who knows older rifles quite well. He felt the metal on this gun and barrel bore was in extremely good condition and as noted in the post the wood chip in the stock needs to be repaired. I have responded to all inquiries. I would like to see this go to a good home and if there are members that have any ideas as to what other venues I should use please pm me with the info. One of the larger auction companies have given me their auction value estimate and my asking price is way below their auction estimate. I would rather sell this to a private individual rather than sending it through the auction system. Thanks eveyone. One question, is it permissable to repost an item on this site and have the other one deleted?

Last edited by stang0920; 06/14/12.