Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Why is it so hard, for some people to understand, that by simply NOT giving your money, to large Corporations, who then send jobs, Intellectual Property, etc. offshore and promote anti-Constitutional rights� You will accomplish more, than if you used violence. In other words� RESEARCH WHERE YOU ARE SENDING EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!!

I wanted to write detailed comments using non-tainted material, but I got bogged down chiseling a first draft on the back of the Ten Commandments.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin

In this context of crisis, an assembly was elected to draft a new constitution that would reflect the lessons learned and replace the current one, inspired by the Danish constitution.

To do this, instead of calling experts and politicians, Iceland decided to appeal directly to the people, after all they have sovereign power over the law. More than 500 Icelanders presented themselves as candidates to participate in this exercise in direct democracy and write a new constitution. 25 of them, without party affiliations, including lawyers, students, journalists, farmers and trade union representatives were elected.

That sounds like a great idea. Let's call a Constitutional Convention and see how that turns out. I recall that Justice Ginsburg had some models in mind.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln