Dirtfarmer, You are a fellow Louisiana man so I'll be nice. I'm a former firearms instructor and armorer for the EBRSO and worked at the BRCP range.
I attended about 4 S&W schools, Sig, Ruger, Remington and so on.
The owner of USFA did this country a huge favor by making the USFA revolvers.
First, I have to clear up one thing and that is the fact that the so called bead blasted guns are named Rodeo's and they are the very same gun that the Preminums are.
The difference is that the Rodeo's receive a flat Matte finish so the cost will be lower than the very fine Case work that is done by Doug Turnbull on all the Preminum guns.
I have purchased both guns in sets from Jim Finch AKA Long Hunter about 4 years back. The internal parts and the fitting received is the exact same for both with the external finish being the only difference.
Before Jim Connelly started making the USFA Revolvers,the work done by COLT had become a thing of shame and was terrible.
When the USFA guns started outselling Colt they got off their butts and upped the quality to a point that it had been in the past. There was another maker in town that had to be dealt with.
Now for the tragic news of this posting.
The owner of USFA has decided to go in another direction and make medical equipment. That is why you can't find any new USFA guns. The dealers had months or years of orders and he said his sales were flat. The reason for the flat sales is because he would stop the line from making the bread and butter guns and have them make such bull as the multi colored teflon finished revolvers or the new 45.
He is a millonaire from birth and has never done anything but play with ideas and it does not matter if he ever sells another gun.
Long Hunter Supply became so upset that he quit taking orders for the gun. The ones that are out there are it for now unless he changes his mind again. I for one would buy another set tomorrow. Later Fairshake

Shooter ot the Holy Black,Warthog,Bold,Deadwood Marshal,Border Vigilante,So that his place will never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat