Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Speaking of running boards...
If and when I buy some more, I will make sure the braces under them (that bolt to the truck and hold the weight of the running boards)are more flat than vertical. The braces on mine are taller than they are wide and they catch alot of the water the front tires throw up. It sounds like you're driving through alot more water than you are and is very loud and annoying.

Mine are made by BIG COUNTRY, and they're 4" ovals. They also hang down too low and I've already caught them on things and pushed one of them back a couple inches.

I'd be pickier next time I bought some.

On running boards:

If I ever buy a set again, they will be stainless steel. When I bought my 03 GMC I went to the self reported largest Westin dealer within 200 miles and said I wanted stainless. He talked me into the chrome ones as they matched the chrome on my truck better and stainless tends to have a yellow hue. I didn't want chrome as I'd seen too many rust out. He said if they did, bring them back and he'd replace for free. His business was blown away in the Joplin tornado and the chromed ones rusted from the inside out, to where thjey were paper thin. Exterior looked fine until they finally collapsed.