The 7mm Practical uses the same reference point as a 300WM for firing forming. This gives is basically the same neck length as the 300WM. He was hoping for the neck to grow out longer, but after 5-6 firings it hadn't grown much and the case was done. It does have more capacity than the 7 Rogue by 3 grains if I remember correctly. I have a reamer for it as well that I tested. It did give great performance, but was a little more finicky at times. We shared alot of info back and forth on results. For sizing, a universal Hornady neck sizer is what was used. It was a great design, and I would have stuck with it, but I wanted to test a theory I had on the recent generation of accuracy cartridges combined with our throat design. Playing with these things is fun. Already working on a new 6mm to fill a special niche that I need.

On the dies, I to prefer Redding most of the time. The Hornady dies work, but Redding seems to have a little higher quality control and I can get their comp seater die, which is among the best out there. Long term, that is probably the direction I go.

Last edited by TMR; 07/29/12.