Own a ruger 77/22 that shoots great, especially for the price. No complaints after the trigger job ($35).
Everyone complians about the ruger trigger, but my gunsmith does a $35 trigger job and things are great. Did the same with my ruger 77 mk 1 in 3006 that I bought 23 yrs ago.
I fell in love with a rem 700 mtn LSS in 7-08, purely on looks, and wanting a lighter kicking rifle.
Honestly I can't see why people are so excited about rem 700's. Mine had to be sent back for warranty work because things were so stiff and it strung shots terrible. Thing is finicky when loading and shells get caught in the side sometimes too.
Functionally I love the ruger mauser style action at a lower price than a winchester 70. It dawned on me how few problems I've had with my ruger when I shot at a 8pt buck this fall with the remington, slightly short stroked it, and jammed a second round when the first brass did not eject. You can say - pull that bolt back farther!, and I will, but my ruger 3006 has NEVER failed to eject in 20 years and never finicky loading either.
Gun safe inventory score (bolt guns) - 3 ruger bolts, 1 remington. The remington may go down the road, but I keep it in case my Fiance wants to deer hunt.
Lets bash on push feed rifles....
h

Last edited by humdinger; 12/18/05.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?