I have had many rifles. In the midst of them I have owned 3 Rugers one of which I have now and have only had about 1 month or so. I had a bad string of luck in my past 3 rifles. All were inaccurate and I continued unloading them and getting another. That is till I ran through the 3rd one. Different manufacturers on all 3. I finally decided I would get another Ruger In my favorite caliber, 308win. My previous 2 Rugers were very accurate with no mods. (could cover 3 shots with a Quarter) I got this last one with high hopes and I am very pleased! It is the All weather stainless steele model and I have shot as much as 15 shots with different bullets, powder, combinations and a factory load. All 15 shots hit inside of a 3 inch cirle at 100 yards and making no scope adjustments at all. To me, that is consistent to say the least, and I love a rifle that will shoot everything good, maybe not perfect, but good. I do get about average 1 inch groups with my handloads, and have one particular load that I have got a couple 1/2" groups with and I am currently using it. To me, Rugers have been good. I will say the first 2 I owned could have used a trigger job. but this one I have now, I am pleased with the factory trigger. It is a little heavier, but it breaks like glass and it is smoothe after shooting it a bit. My Rem. 700 30-06 is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. I have worked its trigger over, but I am very well satisfied and pleased with my Ruger experiences and feel you get alot with them. controlled round feeding (mauser style action) one peice bolt, metal trigger guard, floorplate and great scope mounting set up with supplied solid rings. I personally like the theory behind the angled front bedding screw and if it isn't serving you well you can tweek them and bed, float, etc. like any other. I think I will purchase more Rugers in the future, but my Rem 700 will stay with me and be passed on also.
Whitey

" The Greatest Reflection of the Kind of Person You Are, can be Given and Answered best by the People who Work for You rather than those You Work For. " --- Brian White

"You are not defined by the way others treat you, but by the way you treat others." --Brian White