Originally Posted by 65BR
You have good friends mathman, a 260?

Yes, a 260.

Here's the story. My friend was just getting into rifle hunting and he'd been talking to "experienced guys" who basically told him to get a 300 mag and he'd be ready for anything. He had visions of elk hunting with a brother in law, so he bought into it. The right sale came around and lo and behold, he had himself a lightweight Mk.V in 300 Weatherby.

After a few range trips with Kong, and figuring out his hunting would 99% be for deer, he was in the market for a deer rifle.

Time passes, and we're at a gun show. I was cash strapped at the time, so I was mainly picking up a few reloading supplies and secondarily acting as a rifle guide. Rounding the end of an aisle, I spot this Low Wall. I'd seen them before, but in cartridges that didn't interest me, so I wasn't immediately excited. But hey, why not give the pretty little thing a look? Heck, the asking price was something like $650.

I had it in my hands about two whole seconds before I told the guy to consider it sold. My friend didn't take long to see me trying to get his attention. When he walked up I said "buy this", and I guess he trusted me. Even though he had no prior knowledge of that kind of rifle, he bought it then and there.

The timing was good too. While he filled out the paperwork, another guy who had looked at the rifle earlier tried to buy it out from under my friend by offering the dealer cash well above the asking price.

So yes, he is a good friend. If he wasn't, I'd have bought it myself and figured out how to pay the light bill later. grin