I think most POI shift,resulting from a sling,is caused from a twisting motion. More of a sideways springing of the barrel channel,that induces side to side pressure upon the barrel.
<br>
<br>POI can also shift,when using a bipod. That especially on a "floated" barrel(that is barely floated),that is housed within a fairly flimsy stock. It is easy to spring the stock upwards,causing vertical stringing.
<br>
<br>So I think much depends upon the integrity of the stock in question,the bedding process used and what is used as a support/field rest(be it a sling,bipod,shooting sticks,etc,etc).
<br>
<br>I would expect the test that you did,to cause lesser degrees of POI shift,as the forend is simply pulled away from the barrel,rather than pushing the barrel itself upwards or sideways.
<br>
<br>Be curious to see how many clicks it took to skew a pre-established POI,when incorporating the front swivel stud and an anchor point that pulled sideways on the stock(45 degree angle or so),as opposed to 90 degrees down.
<br>
<br>Thoughts?..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."