Sitka,
<br>
<br>My thoughts were that beings Charlie had the means to measure "clicks" upon his test bed,it would be interesting to see how little(or much) it took to skew POI. That,as compared to putting serious pressure on the stud,in his first trials.
<br>
<br>Point being,loooooong before the studs came flying sideways out of the stock,a guy would be seeing radical POI shifts.
<br>
<br>The harmony of a given barreled action's relation to the stock it resides in,can be rather fickle. Harmonics certainly playing a major role. I've some rifles that much prefer to be held onto,for dear life(a heavy hand,so to speak). Others could care less,regardless of how I ride the stock or the postion/rest it is shot from.
<br>
<br>I've went to full length bedding many of my light contoured rifles,as it has proven beneficial in that the POI is a constant,regardless of the manner in which the rifle is used. Meaning I can happily go from the bags,to my back pack,to a bipod or a sling(which I seldom if ever employ,as I'm not very well versed in it's use as a shooting aid).
<br>
<br>To sum up my thoughts on the matter,I definately believe there are rifles that are MUCH more fussy than others,in regards to POI shift.
<br>
<br>Interesting stuff....................
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."