Originally Posted by srwshooter
i scored 3 from last season that were close to making the top 5. one woulda finished 3rd. there are lots of hunters that don't care about getting those blue ribbons in a show. they also are paying for leases and don't really want other hunt clubs tryin to buy the leases out from under them . deer hunters are very jealous people and will pay big money to hunt where big deer are being killed.

i have a good friend that owns 300acres that he leases to 2 guys to bow hunt only. they will never tell the land owner what they kill on his land in fear of someone offering him more money for the lease. i have lost 2pcs of property that i hunted for 10 years due to guys offering big bucks to lease the land. they saw to many buck pics hanging at the checking station that i killed on that land.

I understand what you are saying and we have the same problem in the southern part of the state. Lot's of big money from North Carolina trying to lease land out from under people.

There still are not a lot of bucks killed every year that meet or exceed this year's best, that eventually wound up being the #2 all time state buck.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 10/05/12.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA