I've carried a bunch over the years.

I shot my first rooster with a full choked 12 ga Model 12. Since then I have carried/tried a 20 ga Browning B-2000, Sweet 16 Auto-5, 16 ga Winchester 24 SxS, 20 ga Winchester 21 SxS, 20 ga Beretta 626 Onyx SxS, Model 12 16 ga, Browning 12 ga Double Auto "Twelvette", Browning 12 ga Double Auto "Twentyweight", and finally a Benelli 20 ga Montefeltro.

To each his own, but here are a few of my observations... 1. There is no perfect gun for all hunting applications, even when limited to just pheasant hunting over dogs 2. Stick with one or two and over time they will become a "natural" extension of your body and you will become a more effective/efficient shot 3. If you are going to shoot a pump or a double triggered gun, stick with "like" guns if you want to consistently kill your birds and not cuss alot 4. Bigger is not always better 5. Seemingly "light" guns get a lot heavier as you get older and "real light" 20's become "just right" and 6. "Gas operated" guns are nice until they get real dirty, fail to eject reliably, and you have to clean them at an inconvenient time (which to me is all of the time!)

With that said, the Model 21 is awful classy, the Browning Double Autos make nice light, reliable 12 gauge field guns, the Browning B2000 20 should have been more popular than it was (much nicer gun in my opinion than the Beretta gas guns) , BUT the Benelli Montefeltro 20 (and I am sure the new ultra light 12's are nice too!) is by far my favorite upland game bird gun, especially when hunting behind dogs!!!

The Benelli "Monte" 20 is light as a feather, ultra reliable and mechanically operated, points effortlessly , carries like a dream all day long, and kills with deadly efficiency when the "Bird Gods" smile down on you and the birds start coming up in 2's, 3's, and 4's (at least in good old Kansas!!!)

Good luck in your quest!!!