JOG,

I understand your sentiments re: versatility of the 12 ga.

I bought a nice used left handed Montefeltro 12 ga for my son because they didn't offer the 20 in a left handed version and while it is still a very nice, relatively light gun, there is really no comparison in mind. I just really like ultra light guns that swing and point nicely! I am obviously older, heavier, have slower reflexes and poorer eyes now than my 17 year old son, but I still get on the birds faster and kill more than he does... still the alpha male in the house for a few more years I guess!!!

If I didn't still have the Browning Double Autos, I would probably own one of the Benelli UL 12's like yours. I've held a few and they feel real nice! I just don't hunt waterfowl much any more so the steel shot thing doesn't really affect me with the old Brownings.

One other advantage in my eyes is the Montefeltro's field rib which I prefer to the tapered or trap style ribs on the M1's, M2's, SBE's, and I believe your UL. I know others prefer just the opposite! Good thing we have choices!!!