Originally Posted by SAUMHUNTER79
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
I trashed my credit bad enough in my early 20s. I no longer buy ANYTHING that I can't live without on a credit card. I set cash aside until I have enough saved THEN I buy, you tend to appreciate things more that way.
This is the best way to do it.

I know we live in the world of instant gratification nowadays, but the safest way to buy is to have the amount in cash whether you buy it with paper or plastic.

My dad always pounded that in my head, I didn't always listen and [bleep] up a couple times, but now I know that to be the truth and the best way to go.

Besides, why make credit card companies any more money, they screw and ruin people's lives like us on a daily basis with their bullschit interest, that's their bread and butter.

Credit card companies don't screw anybody, you agreed to terms when you signed up for the card, if you don't like the terms then don't agree to them and don't get the card. Take some personal responsibilty!

As for paying cash, that's great but it doesn't help your credit score. You would be better off saving cash for the item then buying it on a credit card and then paying of the CC right away. This way you get the benefit on your credit score. And your credit score affects a lot of things in your life.