I'm at Fort Meade for a few months at a school. Pugs, a local member, met me for lunch a few weeks ago and turned me on to a few spots to fish.

I went the day after Thanksgiving, it was in the 60s. Beautiful day, beautiful stream, but no fish caught. The picture below was drifting a little pool that I could see four or five, obviously non-hungry, trout laying in, but no takers. crazy

[Linked Image]

Fast forward to today. Pugs called and offered to actually take me to another spot. So we met earlier this morning and headed out. What a gorgeous little stream!

[Linked Image]

I watched Pugs for a few minutes...

[Linked Image]

...then struck out on my own.

Drifting a little #20 nymph through a little slot, and fish on! shocked

[Linked Image]

I thought of it after turning him loose, that I should've taken a "trophy" shot, with my arms stretched out towards the camera. Maybe, just maybe, by doing that, I could've stretched that little guy out to a full six inches. cool Honestly, he was maybe four inches, tops. But a little native brown, from a beautiful stream, on a great day, with a great host... what more could I want. cool

Turned out that he was my only fish for the trip (both trips actually), but what a wonderful time.

Thanks for the good times Pugs!