Originally Posted by exbiologist
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I had always heard that IMR7828 was Winchester's choice for the .264 Mangleum. It's one of the VERY few times a canister powder was used for a factory load.

On so-called temperature insensitive powders, there are so many "yes but" and "only if" and "except when" disclaimers attached to them that I treat such advertising claims as essentially meaningless.

I pulled a factory 140 power point a few years ago, it looks like they switched to some sort of ball powder that looked a lot like 780

I know they're using canister 780 in at least one factory load these days.

I pulled a Winchester Supreme .270 Win 140gr Accubond (because they shot so dang good in my rifle). There was a ball powder in it that weighed 57.5gr. Hodgdon data listed 58gr as max with a 140gr Swift, so I bought a pound of 780 and worked up a load with Accubonds. Sure enough, when I got to 57.5gr, it clocked the exact same speed as the Winchester Supreme factory loads, so it appears to be canister powder in that load at least.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.