I lost nights of sleep on this same subject recently for a current build I am doing. I was trying to decide between the .243AI, 6mmAI and 6mm Rem. I finally decided that it just was not worth the trouble or small gain for me to fire form and anneal brass for the AI's over the 6mm Rem. So I decided to go with the 6mm Rem. I may regret it but for now I have made my descion. I can always have it reamed to a 6mmAI if I am not satisfied. So the gun is being built on a Rem 700 SS action. Will get a full blueprinting job, #5.5 Shilen select match barrel, Jewell trigger set at 1lb, and either a B&C madalist tactical or a HS stock hadn't made my mind up which furniture it's gonna wear but I have both.

I know some people here like the Shilens and some don't but I have had nothing but success with them and have used several other barrel makers as well, shilen was simply available as well. I think it's kind of like buying a new car, they all make good ones but once in a while there will be a bad one. I don't think the barrel builders this day and age have very many bad ones though. In fact I think it is a very rare occasion. So what do I pick Ford, Chevy, Toyota AH so many choices and options and they all say they are the best.

Last edited by GTN; 12/18/12.