Klikitarik;
Merry Christmas to you and yours Klik, I hope this finds you all doing well.

Please tell us how you fixed the broken rings way out there.

Mechanical things give me fits and sleepless nights sometimes, especially so when one is far from mother's arms.

A buddy in Whitehorse had a main bearing seize on his outboard jet leg when they were way, way out on a river. It made for a lot of walking and some creative chainsaw work to get the boat onto a trailer eventually.

Another time the inboard Volvo on another boat didn't cooperate and they came back home using the kicker and watching the tides and decreasing fuel......

My late father and I went in about 40 miles on snow machine to hunt moose and though we had no troubles with the Arctic Cat when out hunting, it was a bit of fun getting the van started when we got back to the trail head as it had been sitting in -35� and lower all week.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your busted rings story Klik.

Oh, to the OP, the lone bull moose I've killed wasn't really close to a road and had to come out in pieces pulled in our "Dead Sled".

I laughed and winced at the same time when I read Steelhead's response as I very clearly recall asking myself "what have you done Dwayne, what have you done...." when I couldn't even so much as roll the bull over. laugh cry

All the best to you and your family this Christmas Klik and in 2013 too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"