As long as it's on basically the same subject, is there any way to set the computer mpg figuring thing so that it always figures 5 or 7 mpg higher than actual mpg? Some metric setting, perhaps?

The reason I ask is a friend of mine has an '04 Cummins 3500 w/6-speed stick and his computer has erroneously given him 5-7 mpg over reallife figures forever. We took it to Montana a couple months ago and it said we got 26, when hand calculating told us 20mpg. He bought it and has it serviced in Canada, but the computer overhead readout says it is giving us miles per gallon, and the odometer works for U.S. miles. It's got over 100k miles on it and the computer says he's averaged around 25 mpg since new, because he's never reset it back to zero.

He was heartbroken when we hand calculated the mpg on that trip---something he'd never done before---and his wife is (not really) mad at me because she says now he wants a new truck. blush

Imperial gallons setting?

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 12/27/12.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.