Your post is spot on with my experience. I tend to shot more than three shot groups just to see how long I can keep it going or try to get back on track. Have a few accurate hunting rifles, put together right with good components. Some times they will start stacking them up, but I've never got past 7 or 8 and the group stayed 0.5. Then the next go the whole group will have moved a little. Still a decent group, but it will have moved exactly as you have demonstrated or not be as small.

Shoot enough and you can start calling some flyers, but what do you do when you call a flyer and it is nestled in there with the rest of them? Everyone I know goes on and forgets about it. wink

Long ago I came to a positive conclusion that day in day out .5in hunting weight rifles-and us average Jo shooters-are for the most part an urban myth. Thanks for the post.

In addition, how many of us can consistently roll-or take the effort to put together-0.5in ammo day in day out. Myth and urban legend for the most part....

Last edited by battue; 12/29/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler