Originally Posted by skywalker
Sorry, but I'm not paying 1100 for a Leupy. Not when a Swaro or Zeiss high end is just a few 100 more.

A few hundred? try twice as much and you'd be close. I was at DSC also and that VX6 is very impressive, and I wa surprised how nice that VXR was....very nice for sure. The glass in that Conquest HD was very nice too. I tried my best with every optic I handled, to look up in the nooks and crannies of the ceiling shadows since we were obviously inside. They had one of the HD's with the new ballistic turret on it. I asked the Zeiss rep a few questions and was very surprised when he told me "if I were you I'd just get the Kenton turret". He also told me he thought the only way to get the ballistic elevation turret was to get the ballistic windage turret also. I'm not sure if he was right but that is strange to me. The eyepiece on the HD is also pretty bulky. Not HT binos to look at, thought that was a bummer. I really like everything about the Swaro El Range, except the ergos sucked IMO. I hate the big bumps on the bottom of the barrels. Probably the most impressive bino I looked through was a Kowa Genesis Prominar 10x44 I think it was. It has been tweaked since I had a pair about 3 years ago, with a new coating and zero "rolling ball". It is as sharp and bright as anything I saw in the whole building, including EL SV's, SLC HD,s, Ultravid HD's, etc. Very, very well built too. I did take a minute to tell the Leica guys they ought to be ashamed of themselves for "offering" a 10 yr pre owned and demo warranty. It's too bad because they have some fantastic glass. GreatWapiti if your reading this....those HD Geovids' blew me away buddy....fantastic stuff. Lastly, from a Leupold rep (take it FWIW), Leupold will have a McKinley HD bino out in a couple of months supposedly. They say it promises to "blow your mind" for $600. We'll see I guess. Great show IMO. It took me two days to see everything.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.