Originally Posted by Timbo
Originally Posted by xposo

I had a cheap old Bushnell, not AG rated hold POI on a RWS model 48, and NOT break. I put the same scope on 2 of my gas rammed guns and it held on both guns also. It's the luck of the draw, just because it's not rated for an airgun doesn't mean it won't work. You don't always have to spend money for a AG rated scope, try what you have first and see if it'll work before you go spending money, not unless you got money to throw away. Just my opinion and experience after years of shooting AG's.

I think you got very lucky with that cheap old Bushnell. Call any scope manufacturer and ask if they warranty the scope for use on a spring powered airgun. I think you'll find the answer is a big "NO" other than scope built for magnum powered spring guns or scope already braced inside heavily like Leupolds. If the OP doesn't mind risking breaking the scope, I'd say go for it, but be prepared for a moving zero or broken scope.

Unless your mount has some form of stop or can really be cranked down like the one piece BKL's, you'll also find the mounts will slide in the dovetails. High powered spring guns can be a pain to scope properly.

Yeah, well, this isn't my first rodeo with magnum powered airguns and scopes. I've been shooting airguns for the past 9 years now and have learned that everything isn't written in stone as far as scopes being rated ONLY for airguns. I've had multiple AG rated scopes break/moving POI on light/med powered guns also. And yes, I know about rings/mounts slipping on tails and scope slip in rings/mounts. IF done right the first time,and not being cheap about scope/mount prices, you shouldn't have any problems the frist time around.(learned that lesson after my first AG combo, since then I only use BKL and Hawke Optics)That being said, you never know if something will or won't work if you never try it, right? That includes trying a non AG rated scope on an airgun. And in my case it did work, if it didn't no biggie, it wasn't made for AG use anyway.

S.W.A.G. it