Let me give you a tip how this works, understand that these comments arnt guessing or hypathetical.

1996 a nut shot 37 people dead with a semi auto rifle at a place called port Arthur in the state of Tasmania. This lead to the ban on ALL semi auto rifle regardles od calibre. Australia is now safe

Moving right along, we had an asian student bring a small semi auto or revolver, can't recall to a college and shoot dead a couple of people. So we then had a ban on any pistol with a barrel length of less than 125mm I think it was. Keep in mind many semi autos came in at 123mm. Australia safe once again

Now we have a huge rise in drive by shootings, mainly outlaw bikie & middle eastern crime gangs. Sooooo the bush now is to ban semi autos all together.

One foot in the door is all these people need, I would never be so presumptious to comment on your politicle situation. You cannot make judgements from news reports. But learn from what happened here. There was a strong group who advocated that we not surrender the firearms. That everyone stand together. I believe if this had been done we would not have had a total ban. What are you going to? arrest hundreds of thousands of people, where do you put them. Any law has to be workable. Sorry got carried away

Johno