Originally Posted by BlueK9
I prefer red dots on turkey rigs. I don't find magnification necessary or desirable for shots to 40-50yds. Red dots allow me to easily keep both eyes open while shooting. They are also more forgiving than either beads or scopes when it come to shooting form. Turkey often reveal themselves from unanticipated directions and angles, especially if they have to negotiate cover while coming. As a result, it seems like I kill at least one bird a year while I'm all twisted-up. Before I went to dots, I found it tough to get the sight picture in a scope or get my head down enough for the bead.

This. Been very happy with my Burris FF II. When I started shooting TSS and these tight patterns, I quickly learned I couldn't use a bead or open sights. I knew I had to go to a red dot or scope. I didn't like the scope as sometimes when hunting you can't get in a position to get your head all the way down on the gun and the turkey in the scope. With the red dot, once it's set you just find the dot and squeeze. Your head doesn't have to be all the way down on the gun and can use it with both eyes open. I really like the versitilty of mine.

NRA Life Member