Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
CTS,

I mostly just run the FFs the last few years and usually don't turn them on until I sit down in a spot, then turn it back off while I'm walking around. I had one big tom catch me cat napping one afternoon while the sight was off. He gobbled at about 25yds and like to have scared the daylights out of me. I waited until I could see him, then turned the sight on as I was bringing the gun to shoulder when he stepped behind a big oak tree.

I'm at 3 years on some of my FFs with the same battery. Probably should change them out, but they seem to last for quite some time. IIRC I read where some guy forgot to turn his FF off and two weeks later it was still glowing strong. That's quite a few turkey setups.

As for durability, I've been pleased with the FFs. I don't run the protector attachments on mine and haven't busted one yet. I did drop one of mine a couple years ago and it landed right on the FF. I figured it would be toast, but the glass was fine and it was still zeroed.

Ditto to all of that. I've run a FFII on my SBE and 870 20ga and put one on my dad's 20ga. I've yet to change a battery in three years. The Burris rep told me I'd notice and intensity in the light as it was getting dim from low battery when I needed to change it. I also keep the cover on my FFII when not in use. If you leave it on or it gets turned on with the cover on, it turns itself off IIRC after X number of minutes saving the battery.

I've put a protector around each of our FF II's. My dad is not the easiest on equipment. I've had mine fall when leaned up against a tree and truck. I try to take care of my stuff, but sometimes things happen. We've yet to have one break or lose zero. I've been super impressed with them. So much so, I'm building 3 more 20's for friends and putting FFII's on top of them as well.

I'll also say it's very easy to switch on. I normally don't turn mine on when I do a set up unless I've got a bird gobbling and he's close. I've had numerous times where I've called a bird in that came in silent and I've eased my hand up to the sight to turn it on without getting busted.

NRA Life Member